Walther Electric 312409 IP44 Splashproof Pin & Sleeve Female Connector is a UL Listed and CSA Certified industrial grade electrical connector including recessed contacts to prevent accidental touching making them safe and easy to use. Crafted high impact thermoplastic insulated housing is made from non-conductive nylon material which is UV stabilized as well as resistant to corrosion and abrasions. Ground, neutral and phase terminals are clearly identified for easy recognition and ease of wiring. Internal strain relief is designed to firmly grip not only the outer cable jacket but also the internal conductors. This eliminates strain on the terminals while providing high pull-out values. “Swing-Away” feature provides easy access to terminal screws. Includes a spring loaded gasketed cover that snaps into place when the plug is removed. Hinged coved protects against encounter with live contacts while keeping out dirt, dust and moisture.
- WORLDWIDE INTERCHANGEABILITY - Walther's pin & sleeve devices are built to IEC 309-1 and 309-2 specifications and are interchangeable with other manufacturers who conform to the IEC standards and color-coding system
- HIGH IMPACT THERMOPLASTIC HOUSING – Heavy-duty industrial insulated housings are made from high impact nylon material which is resistant to corrosion and abrasions. Non-conductive material is UV stabilized
- SPRING LOADED COVER – Snaps into place when the plug is removed. Protects against encounter with live contacts while keeping out dirt, dust and moisture
- IP44 SPLASHPROOF - Device is sprayed with water for 10 minutes and immediately afterwards subjected to splashing water in all directions (360°)
- TRUMPET/BELL GLAND - A compression type cable gland with onion ring and neoprene bushing which serves as a secondary method to prevent cable from being twisted or accidently pulled out of the housing. Provides an airtight seal to keep out dust, dirt and moisture
The Walther Electric 312409 Female Connector offers First Make/Last Break (FMLB) ensuring ground path is established before any other power or signal connections are made preventing making or breaking the circuit under load. Walther's pin & sleeve devices are built to IEC 60309-1 and 60309-2 specifications and are interchangeable with other manufacturers who conform to the IEC standards and color-coding system, anywhere in the world.
This product is comparable to IEC 420C9 industrial grade connectors.