Walther Electric 279521 IP67 Watertight Pin & Sleeve Male Plug is a UL Listed and CSA Certified industrial grade connector including recessed contacts to prevent accidental touching making them safe and easy to use. Crafted high impact thermoplastic insulated housing is made from non-conductive nylon material which is UV stabilized as well as resistant to corrosion and abrasions. Ground, neutral and phase terminals are clearly identified for easy recognition and ease of wiring. Internal strain relief is designed to firmly grip not only the outer cable jacket but also the internal conductors. This eliminates strain on the terminals while providing high pull-out values. “Swing-Away” feature provides easy access to terminal screws. Includes a spring loaded gasketed cover that snaps into place when the plug is removed. Hinged coved protects against encounter with live contacts while keeping out dirt, dust and moisture.
- SAFE, RELIABLE CONNECTIONS - IEC 60309-2 configurations are single-rated which assures proper mating of devices with the same voltage and amperage. IEC devices are color-coded by voltage for added safety.
- IP67 WATERTIGHT - Device immersed for 24 hours in water at a temperature of 25° C, the highest point of the device being 2 inches (5 cm) below the water level.
- INTERNAL STRAIN RELIEF - Designed to firmly grip not only the outer cable jacket but also the internal conductors. Eliminates strain on the terminals while providing high pull-out values. “Swing-Away” feature provides easy access to terminal screws.
- LOCKING RING & GASKET - Protects against intrusion of dirt, dust and moisture when the male and female devices are connected.
- OSHA COMPLIANT – Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) capable to protect against hazardous energy releases while preforming servicing or maintenance.
The Walther Electric 279521 Male Plug offers First Make/Last Break (FMLB) ensuring ground path is established before any other power or signal connections are made preventing making or breaking the circuit under load. The 279521 Male Plug includes an Electrical Interlock - The pilot pin and contact disconnect before all other connections in the connector, and when wired to an electrical interlock, this disconnect signals the electrical interlock to shut off power. Walther's pin & sleeve devices are built to IEC 60309-1 and 60309-2 specifications and are interchangeable with other manufacturers who conform to the IEC standards and color-coding system, anywhere in the world.
This product is comparable to IEC 5100P9W industrial grade connectors.