Walther's Motor Disconnect Switches combine a horsepower rated switch in a tough, impervious NEMA 4X enclosure for safe motor load disconnect. The Walther Electric KEM360UL Y/R Motor Disconnect Switches are UL508 listed and carry an environmental rating of IP65 (Water Resistant) & NEMA 4X (Weather-Tight). The KEM360UL Y/R is a heavy machinery safety switch that can be installed locally at the motor within line-of-sight from the motor controller.
- HEAVY MACHINERY SAFETY SWITCH - Ensures that electrical circuit is completely de-energized for service or maintenance. Can be used locally at the motor
- NON-METALLIC ENCLOSURE - Polycarbonate non-metallic housings are made from nonconductive material for enhanced safety
- ADVANCED SWITCH TECHNOLOGY – Built with silver contacts which are excellent conductors and promote safe and durable operation. Naturally resistant to corrosion
- ENVIRONMENTAL RATING – IP66 NEMA 4X enclosure for indoor/outdoor use offering a level of protection from corrosion, windblown dust and rain, splashing water and hose directed water; undamaged by ice formations on the enclosure
- UL508 LISTED - The product has been tested by UL to nationally recognized safety and sustainability standards for motor disconnect applications up to 600 VAC
Constructed from Polycarbonate plastic offering high impact resistance, long life expectancy, and high UV protection making it ideal for indoor/outdoor applications. Non-Metallic housings are non-conductive and can be connected to metallic conduit without interfering with the ground continuity. High-visibility red handle can be padlocked to meet OSHA lockout/ tagout requirements when maintenance or cleaning is required. For added safety, the enclosure cover cannot be removed from the body until the switch is turned to the "OFF" position. NOTE: NEMA ratings and IP ratings both define degrees of protection against substances such as water and dust, but use different test methods and parameters to define their enclosure types.